One of the downsides of having PD is constipation. Here are some of the remedies:
- Eat a lot of fiber rich food (whole grains, vetches, vegetables…). This makes stool less thick.
- Drink plenty of water. This is aiding digestion and preventing constipation.
- Take probiotic rich food (fermented food such as: kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, sour pickles…) or probiotic supplements. This is also aiding digestion.
- Exercise regularly – minimally until sweeting (take a walk, ride a bike, go for a swim, play tennis…). Movement is necessary for healthy digestion. If you can’t do some movement do what you can .
- Take laxative drink (coffee, senna tea…) or laxative supplement.
- Visualize energy flowing up your arms, shoulders and head following large intestine (LI) meridien.