While fighting PD it is good advice to modify your diet. Goal is to be as healthy as possible. Here are some tips on what food to combine in a single meal I found out that are healthiest:
1) Do not combine protein of one type with protein of another type. Proteins such as meat, cheese, plant proteins (legumes, beans…) should be eaten separately. When you eat for eg. meat, do not eat cheese in same meal etc. Proteins (one type per meal) should be eaten only with vegetables.
2) Do not combine proteins and carbs. Carbs (carbohydrates) such as whole grains, bakery products (bread), pasta etc, like proteins, should not be combined with any type of food except vegetables.
3) Due to high percentage of starch potatoes should be eaten separately from other type of food, except other vegetables.
4) Fruits should be eaten separately from other type of foods. Combining one type of fruit with another type of fruit is OK.
5) Vegetables can be combined with every type of food except fruits.
That is it for now! Not so complicated, right?
Maintaining healthy diet improves all body functions and greatly contributes to our health.
Reminder: I am organizing another Skype conference call. It will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2020. at 6 pm (+2 UTC time zone). So far 4 people are participating. You are welcome to join. More details on: https://theparkinsonsblueprint.com/events/.
I plan to organize Skype conference call every last Saturday each month. If you find time of the conference inconvenient please send me an email, and I will try to find more suitable one.
Consider subscribing to this blog to receive notification about new post and events like this. You can subscribe to my blog using Subscribe bar on each post or send me an email on: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add you on the subscribers list.